Saturday, September 13, 2008

Y---IKE---s! Garrett is 4 months.

I'm combining two posts in one, as I've escaped the chaos of having 6 kids under 5 years old in the house, and this is about all the time I will find to write! The is the hub's weekend that he has every year to hang out with his buds from grad school. They are veracious Fantasy Football participants in the hub's league that he set up about 10 years ago. (Click here to see where the hub spends his spare time.) He says it's his "website" but it is really a blog. He's been at it for years. Unfortunately, some of our participants in this weekend live right in the heart of where Hurricane IKE struck in Galveston. They are facing the reality that there home may or may not be there when they return. It is very sad to sit here and watch it with them. Hopefully things will turn out better than they are expecting. Part 2 of this post??? Garrett is 4 months old today. He just gets happier and happier. He's not doing alot differently this month. He is grabbing his feet now and trying to eat his toes. Well he's trying to eat everything actually. His dr's appt is not until Tuesday, but I think he's around 16 pounds. He loves to be talked to, and is a very happy boy.

Evacuee fun....Their words not mine!

Aren't they the cutest?

Making a sad face after watching the news.

He's outgrowing his lamb already!

4 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I have been waiting for another pic of Garrett on that lamb! He's the cutest--I need to see him (okay all of you) soon. We have been thinking of you guys all day. Laynie even asked if the hurricane was gonna get Allie's house. Stay safe; I think it's headed our way. No wonder I haven't talked to you lately, been preparing for the big weekend, huh? I think you and I need a girls weekend in Hot Springs or something this fall, what do you think?

Katie said...

I'm thinking about you!!! Wish I were there to help you. Love!

My boys said...

We are still praying for your friends! A great use for the pool!

gretchen said...

mer, i checked out your hub's "blog" and it was like trying to read another language!:) (no offense--pardon the pun--faber!) i think i will stick with "oh blog dee, oh blog dah"
love, gretchen