I'm a blogging nerd...usually can't wait to blog. This week has been BLAH though. Everyone has those weeks....well this was mine. Lots of sickness, coughing, coughing, and more coughing....and little sleep to go along with it. With Allie, earlier this year we found the magic key with her asthma. She was prescribed a mask that attaches to her inhaler and this seemed to be the "tweak" that allowed her medicine to get into her lungs and actually work. This was the first winter she's ever had where she got a cold and handled it like a normal kid. About 2 months after using the mask, she developed a steroid induced rash that was significant enough after 4 months that the Dr. recommended we discontinue the mask. Since then, she's had cold after cold and the barking and wheezing has returned. The most frustrating thing about all this is that after 6 years, we found out what worked, and presumably we cannot use the mask again because of the rash. Her cough turns every head in the room so it becomes a real issue. Garrett seems to be following a very familiar pattern. He's had breathing treatments more days this winter than not. Sorry to be so blah, but this is why I'm so blah. There are DEFINITELY worse things kids deal with, but this is just the one thing that we deal with and I do get discouraged and tired of it.
So there! Summer come soon!!!
Here are some pictures from our trip last weekend. The kids had a great time with the grandparents and cousins.
This was definitely the pic of the week. Allie went CRAZY FOR CRAWFISH! Yuck..my family loves crawfish, and Allie will try anything. She loved them.
The three amigos....ok...taking the easy way out...slide show of the rest.
Yuck...it's no fun having sick kids!! Hope everyone gets better! :) I feel your pain (well, I guess 1/3 of it since I only have one kids!) because we can't seem to keep Karys well!
I'm so sorry Mer! I hope you're able to find something else that will work for Allie. Love the pics though - the crawfish one is so totally Allie! I love it!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that, we will keep you in our prayers. Cute pics, love the one of the crawfish eating fool.lol
Yuck...it's no fun having sick kids!! Hope everyone gets better! :) I feel your pain (well, I guess 1/3 of it since I only have one kids!) because we can't seem to keep Karys well!
I'm so sorry Mer! I hope you're able to find something else that will work for Allie. Love the pics though - the crawfish one is so totally Allie! I love it!
Post a Comment