Well I don't say much about Hubs...you see there are a few things I know Hubs doesn't like....Beasley (ha jk), weddings, soft beds, eye balls (yes it's true he can't stand it if you pull your eyelid down and roll your eye ball around, so when you see him, pull your eye lid down and roll it all around), and most of all ATTENTION to HIMSELF! I am careful in blogland to keep him a low profile guy which is exactly the way I think he probably likes it. Enough is Enough!
Who is this Hubs?
Well he loves oysters,24,The Office, Sports Center,a good steak, reading by the pool, reading in office, reading on the couch, Drudge report, Rush, a good road trip to Colorado, skiing, skiing, skiing some more, football, history, high definition, the HOGS....I could go on and on. These are the things he loves.
So what do I love about him? Ok...I've reached the mushy part, so you can check out if you are bored to tears, but I feel like on this fada's day that I need to brag a bit.
He's kind, generous, compassionate, prayerful, stable, way smarter than I ( I know he's cringing right now at the lack of parallelism on my part ), hard working, fun, wise, and the one word that I would use to describe him above all these words is CONTENT. This is a "state of being" which most people have a hard time with...including myself. Since we have been married, there have been lots of changes. He's worked in several very different environments...all with their challenges I'm sure. Whether work was good, bad, crazy, or annoying you don't hear a complaint. His sleep schedule changes more in a month than mine does in a year....and yet again.. no complaining. I think he'd find a way to be content in almost any situation. Now yes, he's always looking forward to that newest gadget, but in general, he just goes with the flow.
I'm thankful for you hubs. I'm thankful for your stability. I'm thankful that you have fun with your kids and can't wait to spend time with them. I'm thankful that your heart is about to burst with pride for them. I'm thankful for the emotionally draining work you perform everyday, yet somehow never let it get to you. I'm thankful that you'd rather be with us than anywhere on earth. I'm thankful for your giving spirit. I'm thankful that you love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. So Happy Father's day to an incredible father, husband, and friend. Sorry if all this attention made you squirm!
The "White" Boys



2 comments:
OK--THAT was really sweet! :-)
GREAT post, you and the kids are blessed to have such a FAB husband and father!
Post a Comment