What a strange week this has been for me. I started having some numbness in my legs about a week and a half ago, and it spread upwards. It is not that my skin was completely numb, but like there was a layer of something covering me. This past Sunday my hands started to feel weaker although I was able to complete all my normal tasks. I felt like I just had to work a little harder to lift things. By Wednesday, my whole body except for my face felt numb to the touch. I went to the internist yesterday, and he sent me to the neurologist today. He was a nice dude, didn't make me feel as CRAZY as I was feeling! He said it was more than likely a "Guillian barre sensory variant" Well that made total sense! (not really) He did want to rule out MS, so he sent me for a 2 hour MRI. Ya know what the radiologist wrote on the report..."NORMAL"!!! Despite what people think, I am normal and have a very nice looking brain and spinal cord (despite a slightly bulging disc in my neck that I'm sure G the Giant has caused).
Long story short, the numbness is probably from an autoimmune process (Guillian barre) after I had a little cold virus a couple of weeks ago. Guess my immune system is chewing on my neurons instead of the virus which is long gone. He said it takes about 4 weeks to run its course and should "peak" soon.
Now an MRI can detect alot of things, but not scatter braindedness....is that a word? Tonight after a tiring day, I turned on my bath water and walked off. I started reading to Mary and 20 minutes later realized what I had done. There was 1/4 inch of water on the bathroom floor. Mary said over and over...I didn't SPILL IT!!!!!! Well I did....and of course our washing machine is still broken.....oh well...it's just wet towels.
4 comments:
So glad everything came out okay with your MRI! Hopefully the numbness will disappear real soon. Sorry about the spilled water, that stinks.
I'm so glad your normal! :) Love ya!
I will continue to pray all the symptoms go away quickly. That really stinks about the overflow!
OK. SO even your pics of dirty laundry look great. What kind of camera do you have? We are hoping to buy a new one before the baby comes along.
Post a Comment