Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Parade of Costumes

Today is the crazy day of the year where a couple hundred parents scramble like crazy fools a few days before Halloween to find every piece of that costume which is not quite ready yet and rush off to preschool barely before 9am to watch their precious pumpkins walk around the school all the while calling it a "parade". The parents are actually the ones to be photographed as they hover around screaming "SMILE" while the majority of kids probably would rather be on the playground! WHOOAAA where is the attitude coming from....there is truth in all sarcasm, and so I am halfway serious, but the kids do enjoy showing off their costumes to their friends....except for Mary...... :)


She does well for the before school pictures only because I bribe her with CHOCOLATE!

Cutest Strawberry Shortcake I've ever seen:)

...and HERE is what I was talking about. All this attention is complete misery for Mary...unlike big sis who always loved the parade.

She perked up when she saw Adam, Em, and Abbott....she LOVES baby Abbott.

Couldn't quite get Abbott to look.....in this one....

...but in this one that I took last week, I got quite the sweet smile!

Mary and her knight in shining armor, Campbell.

I only posted this one because Garrett actually sat down in front of the fall scenery. These days I NEVER get a picture of this dude. He's just too fast!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful close-up of Mary, that's a framer for sure! Sweet pics!

Janette said...

So cute!! :) Mary's hair is getting a lot longer...I love her costume!

Katie said...

Great pics, Mere. Garrett is looking like Fabe these days! So cute.

I love Allie's recital too. ; )

Katie said...

I noticed your bigger words, too. Yea!

Mandy said...

Beautiful pics!!!! Love the second one of Mary. She is a doll!!!

Adam, Emily, & Abbott said...

Wow, love the pics. Mary looks precious and of course so does G man and little A. I loved looking through all of them that you uploaded on moble me. Love you and your kiddos!!

easternjourney.com said...

What a sweet, sweet costume! Did you make it?
P.S. I love the little boy in the Thomas costume. He doesn't look to excited about the parade either.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love all the pics!! Mary is w/out a doubt the cutest Strawberry Shortcake ever! Love the pics with Abbott and Garrett too. Hugs!

Mommy Lion said...

Okay the pics are great! Mary is so cute. We had the strawberry shortcake meltdown this am with K! Oh well, she may end up being a lion tonight! GIRLS and their drama! *wink* B might have to do some sword fighting with Campbell . . . he still hasn't decided which 'White' girl he wants! *grin*