Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seriously????

Disclaimer: I know it can be kindof annoying reading about someone else's kids ailments, but this has been "life" around here. Consider yourself warned if you don't want to waste your time:)


Now I realize this is all petty stuff in the light of real world problems, but sometimes a mama has got to vent. Anyone else out there have a kid with asthma??? It stinks. Allie came down with a cold over a week ago...bark bark bark. I don't mean "uh hu uh hu" cough. I mean cough from the bottom of her feet, turn every head in the grocery store kind of cough. She has been out of school since last Friday because if she walks across the room, she goes into a coughing fit. I took her to the Dr. on Monday after she'd developed a fever of 104 almost a week after she started coughing. She had a chest xray which showed she did not have pneumonia yet. She was wheezing badly, and so he treated her with our usual cocktail of steroids, antibiotics, and breathing medicine.

When I returned home from the dr's office, my sweet neighbor who was keeping Mary and Garrett for me very calmly told me that Mary had thrown up at her HOUSE! She was very gracious, but as I told her, "that is really bad form to leave your child with someone else and have them throw UP!!" Oh well, guess it was our turn for the stomach virus. Thankfully Mary is the only one who has gotten it, and it was very mild. I'm keeping a close watch on the comings and goings of the neighbors and praying they are still going....and I mean in their car!

So today here we are, Allie is STILL out of school. She's been barking for 8 days....did I already say that...8 days!!!! Did I mention the barking comes with vomiting because she can't quit coughing! So today, she started having a fit, and ran to the bathroom because she knows what it can lead to. She lost her breakfast, and in tears told me the toilet wouldn't flush. I told her, she just needed some water for her fit, so I went to get some, and the water WAS OUT! Seriously?????

I know with the proper perspective, these things are not a big deal. I'm sure the water will return shortly, and eventually she will stop coughing. I can't imagine have a child who has a terminal condition. We have to deal with her asthma through out the years, but I'm thankful it's not life threatening. Only a big nuisance!

Now to what I originally intended to blog about:

It seems Garrett gets left out in "blog land" during the month of January because of the girls' birthdays. I may not have posted anything, but at this time, he's the loudest one of the bunch. He is talking more everyday..with real words.



Counting blocks

It's almost impossible to get G man to stop and look at the camera. I have tried and tried to even get one smile right in the camera, but he runs when he sees it. When he saw the airplane yesterday, he said "Yook, AAAAAA PAAAAA"



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet sister...I am so so sorry. I've been praying for you guys. Hoping things are back to normal asap.
Grace and I loved watching the video of Garrett! Very impressive lil man!!
Hugs to all!

The Mitchell Family said...

Oh my goodness!

PLEASE call me if I can help :) Garret can come play with Kate for a day if that would help you. We'd love to have him. Even if it's just to give you a break :)

Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Bless your hearts! Sounds like you really have had the runabout with the sickness as of late! Hope you are all feeling better really soon! I dont have a kid with Asthma, so I dont understand that part of it, but I do feel so sad for that type of cough! Must be terrible! I will pray for you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are experiencing the house of sickness, and other annoying things at the same time (like water being out). My 2 little Boys are sick too, the oldest with the cough that makes him throw up and the youngest with a double ear infection and possibly strep, that makes him nastier then a snake being poked. I sure hope things get batter your way soon, lifting up a prayer of healing for you to the Father who KNOWS.

Laura Ann