The weird thing is, I seem to attract or befriend VERY VERY organized people. I have a LIST of close friends and family that are so polar opposite of me. I see how they live, and I think...that would be so nice to "be" like that, but I'm just hopeless.
My latest encounter with a VERY VERY organized life would be Katie. I spent last weekend with her and as usual, I came home thinking...I disgust me. Am I destined to live with piles of clutter for the rest of my life??
I went out and found some nice looking vinyl buckets and decided to do the "trendy" thing that I've seen on a number of blogs....chalkboard paint. I painted several coats on these buckets. I must have bought 15 of them...don't worry they were only $2. I have gone bucket mad. They are EVERYWHERE!


Underneath the kitchen sink.
Now don't laugh at how I organized the buckets. At least I can write on them what is in them and erase them as I decide a better system. It's a START!
As anyone seen my desk??? OH THERE IT IS! I even painted chalkboard paint on one of the organizers. I can mark off my "to dos" as I complete them and they are a constant reminder of what's in the organizer!So the hubs was impressed by all my hard work...probably a bit skeptical but encouraging none the same:) He took it upon himself to live "outside the box" for a day since I myself am trying to achieve something I've not done before. HE COOKED SUPPER! And not just any supper...



9 comments:
I'm not believin' your messy handwriting self (must be where Olivia gets it from) wrote so neatly on those bins. I think Allie did it for you. YAY for your organization! The scallops look yummy, I love them! I'll have to try the recipe.
P.S. Could you hijack my blog and widen my center?? Otherwise I may be forced to hold some clothes hostage. Sorry Abbott :(
P.P.S. Allie doesn't have ANYthing on Maxwell's teeth, another month and his will be OUT OF CONTROL!
Good job! I love the buckets! You're right, once you start organizing it will take a while until you get things just the way you want them.
Great job to both you and Fabe! You crack me up. ; )
So proud of you :) looks great! as for fab...will he making that at the next football weekend get together yum :)
Looks awesome! Love the buckets. You go girl!! Come over any time and bring some buckets and paint!!
I'm a friend of Katie's, and you have inspired me! I love the idea of the buckets underneath the sink! Where did you get the buckets?
Okay...so I organize, but you take amazing pics and make amazing scrapbooks. What do I have to show for it...an alphabetized pantry? Whatever! Who cares if your towels are folded just perfect...well obviously me.... but that is not fun..that is obsession! Go with what 'cha got, girl! Kara
Hey, if you ever need someone to commiserate with, stop by my house. I have all sorts of 3 and 4T clothes piled on my treadmill, which means I go to the gym to run. Of course, I would marry someone that straightens things for a living in millimeters worth of space.
I agree with the above post, years later you will be so thankful you have spent time on the scrapbooks and kids instead. Love you.
Post a Comment