Friday, May 28, 2010

Boot camp

I know what you are thinking....WHAT A DORK!


Ba ha ha! I think I amuse myself more than anybody. This picture may be silly and show my photoshop geekiness (not sure that's a word), but it is a very accurate description of how I feel right now! My sister , Em, asked me to do bootcamp with her for 4 weeks in May at 5 am, five days a week. I never thought I would be able to get up that early for 4 weeks. I did it!!! I only missed ONE day! Can you tell how proud of me I am?! I'm so proud of you Em! Abbott is not even a year old! Here I am 7 years later:)

My friend, Amy and a few others I knew did it also, so the accountability was a HUGE factor. There were so many days I wanted to sleep in. This was the hardest thing I've ever done. I've done more push ups, crunches, and stair runs than I've done in my WHOLE life! I realized I can't make up for 3 babies in 4 weeks, but I feel MUCH better!

I had alot of encouragement:) Mary was my stretching partner. She told me one day..."Mom u not suppos ta bend your knees." Thanks alot my 4 year old rubber band friend!

4 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Good job Mer! Wish I lived there so I could have gone and gotten buff with you! It's so much more fun to excercise with friends :)

Katie said...

Whoo hoo! Way to go!

becca said...

Great job Mer!!! I was impressed with myself when I met a friend regularly at 6am for marathon training. 5am is in the category of super-hero!

the ziesemers said...

GOOD GIRL!!!