It's a bird, it's a plane....it's Zach!
My bro-in-law, Jason has had his pilot's license a while, but now he has a "bird" to fly. Zach has no idea that it's not an everyday thing to fly. I didn't fly for the first time until 7th grade! He just jumps up in his carseat.... all ready to go!
The trip is considerably shorter as expected by plane, but the weather has to be just right. Finally...a weekend where the weather was perfect, the kids were well, and the hubs was off of work! The girls especially were so excited to see Katie, Jason, and Zach. It has been a while!
It was a busy weekend. Katie and I took the kids to the softball park the first night, and we were supposed to play Friday night too. My sweet friend Becky took Allie while we went out to eat. It's so nice to have dinner alone!
Allie was at school on Friday, so for once Mary was able to "lead." These boys never stopped!
Thankfully it wasn't too hot! Katie is doing and looking GREAT!
The big boys played tennis at the park.
COLD!!!
We set up the pool which was a big hit, however, we had to drain it the next morning. Garrett and Zach who as you can see are plenty tall, both stumbled while in the pool and weren't quite sure enough to put their feet down and stand up. I can't watch the Gman 24/7, so that was the end of our patio pool for this year!
Saying good bye! See the chapstick in Zman's hand! He kept up with it the WHOLE weekend. It was hilarious. Apparently he got the chapstick gene from Katie who also is never far from a tube! What a sweet sweet little man. He's very loving; he tried to hold Mary's hand a few times and is so polite! I heard yes ma'am and no ma'am...a real gentleman.

What a family. Their smiles remain. Their baby girl would have been 9 months old today. Not a day has passed that they have not been close to my heart as they have walked through grave illness and the loss of a child. I have seen first hand a faith that has not faltered, a faith that is for real, a love for a Saviour who never fails and has certainly not failed them. Their faith has increased my faith as I have seen very specific prayers answered in the life of their family this past year. Our God has taken care of this sweet family in the midst of the deepest heart ache. They have clung to Him. He has sustained and granted new life. Colson Allen Rowe we cannot WAIT to meet you.
2 comments:
The chapstick is, indeed, hilarious.
I love this post and I'm so happy ya'll had a fun visit with each other. Love ya!
Post a Comment