Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A "stay- at- home" preacher

A couple of years ago, the husband started taking Allie out on dates now and then. Before we knew it, Mary sprouted up on us, and we realized that she needed to get some daddy time as well. THEN, I noticed, "Hey why does he get to have all the fun??? I'm always the bad guy! It's MY TURN!" So starting this month, we started a new routine. I get a night with one girl, and he gets a night with the other, and then next month, we will switch.

This was my first "date" with Allie. What a hoot she is?? She knows the drill I guess.

Allie: So mom, what do you want to talk about??? Hows about....What do you want to be when you grow up?
Me: Well...Al...I'm already grown up...but I think...
Allie: interrupting.... Well...you are a pharmacist and a mom, so which do you like better??
Me: Oh that's easy...definitely a mom. So Al...what do YOU want to be when you grow up??
Allie: Oh that's easy too...I've narrowed it down to FOUR things. A counselor b/c of Pine cove, A teacher b/c I love Ms. Callaway, A Preacher b/c I love God, and a mom b/c I love kids.
Me: Well which do you want to be the most??
Allie: Ummm....a preacher for sure. Preachers ONLY have to work on Sunday and then I could be a mom the other 6 days. That'll be perfect!



This kid really does keep the lightheartedness in the fam:)

And I discovered that Coke and ice cream are a REALLY scary combination.

The sweetest part of our date??? Allie said that I was ONE LUCKY MAMMA that she picked a restaurant for "older" people and not a kiddie restaurant like Mary had chosen for daddy recently. She went on to share that she was really glad there was no playground because she wouldn't want to lose any time with me. Uhhh....please FREEZE! I could have a houseful of seven year olds...FOREVER!

9 comments:

Adam, Emily, & Abbott said...

The dialogue that occurred over your dinner made me laugh out loud. I absolutely cannot wait until I get to have such evenings and conversations with Abbott!

Mandy said...

So stinkin cute. Ok...SHE is my favorite now! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Kristen said...

She is too funny...love it!

Piano mom said...

Too much fun. We have daddy-daughter dates here every week. But I use that wonderful time to spend with my baby K. So glad God gives us those wonderful times of parenting.

Janette said...

That is so great...what a sweet girl! :)

becca said...

Oh my, she has got things all figured out, I absolutely love it!!! Totally cracks me up. Oh to be 7 again... but having a 7 year old is far better. I agree, this age is the best!!!

Jaime said...

I loved the whole post! Your sweet dinner conversation, her comments and her personality. What a neat girl.

Katie said...

Sounds perfect to me, too! Love your date nights, and I can't wait to have dates with my boys!!

Beth Ann said...

So I'm missing out...looks like we need to plan these outings as well! :) Did she get to pick the outing?