Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pine Cove

We spent last week at Pine Cove family camp!! We'd never been before, but having gone...we are hooked!

Allie and Mary are old enough to get to do all the "camp" type stuff. Allie said everyday that she did NOT want to go home.

Allie with her group, the Pink Ponies.

Just hangin' with new friends at the pool

Ready for the slide

Garrett yelled..."COVE KIDS" every time we walked by his building. He did get really tired by mid week but hung in there. Staying up until 10 every night is not easy for a 2 year old! He played hard on the play ground and went swimming....ALOT!

I just have to show off the play pen...it's HUGE! Garret has long since outgrown his packnplay, but we really didn't want to "bed train" him this summer for vacation. I think we can get another year out of him with all this room! Don't ask me why Mary wanted to hang out in there with him. Gman has never had a problem with it!

The chapel by the lake where the adults met each morning

We had to get resourceful for the Seuss on the Loose theme night.

Can't wait to go back! It is hard to describe...the pics describe mostly what the kids did the whole week, but there was so much more to it than what we all DID. It was a time to relax, to regroup, and to revisit what is important!

OH!!! The BEST THING that happened all week????
Colson Allen Rowe was born on July 13 at 2:12 pm! Katie and company doing GREAT! We are so thankful that God brought him into this world safe and sound.

This slide show is LONG. I make a DVD of each trip we take so that the kids can watch it later and so that the videos will be included. I decided to post because it is very grandparent worthy:)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free digital slideshow by Smilebox

4 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Can't wait to hear ALL about it--looks like you guys had a great time! :)

ashley said...

Hi Mer! It's Katie's friend Ashley. OK, I'm not trying to be a blog stalker but I got so excited when Katie mentioned that you would be heading to PC family camp. I worked at the Towers for 4 summers and it was life changing. I love that place and hope that we can attend family camp one day with Katie and Jason!!! So glad that you had a good time!

Mer said...

Ashley! I can't get to your blog. I don't know how to leave you my email either??? Anyways...I saw your PC shirt on Katie's blog recently and remembered that you were a HUGE PC fan! You need to GET THEM THERE! They would love it! It's amazing...I just can't believe we left...we totally should've stayed! Good to hear from you..I'm so jealous you got to see baby Colson. I can't wait to get my hands on him!

Melissa said...

How fun!!! So jealous! Talk your brother into signing us up, what a wonderful week you guys must have had!