Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year...

a BIG year.


I have given the blog a new look. For starters, my kids' pictures were a year out of date, but there are other reasons.  This year will usher in a new look for our family as well.  There are many unknowns at this point, but by the end of 2011, it is looking quite certain that a fourth picture frame will be added--a sixth family member, a fourth child, a second son, a new baby of the family.


No, I am not pregnant.
Yes, we are adopting.


Adoption: It is not a word that had crossed my mind too many times before last year. Now it is a word that enters my mind over and over throughout each day. It is something the hubs has always had a desire to do, but after our third was born, he became used to the idea that our family was complete likely because I had a tough adjustment to three. I was overwhelmed for a while, and some days I still wonder when it will all get done.


God had a different plan than I did....as He often does.  He began stirring something in me mid year, and it was something I could not just dismiss or ignore. I prayed that He would "stir" someone else, but He didn't. I wanted to be done. Life was just starting to get easier around here!  After a time of this, I had the nerve to bring it up to the hubs. I knew once I voiced it, that we would have to pursue the issue further.  The hubs reacted as I thought he would. He smiled and looked at me through excited yet cautious eyes, possibly realizing that sometimes my "great ideas" are fleeting.  He readily admitted it was something he'd thought about for quite some time.


And so it began. We spent many evenings discussing all aspects of it...domestic vs. international, the time frame of it all...this list is exhaustive really. What we finally came down to was this; Why would we NOT go through with it? God obviously placed the desire in both of our hearts, and it became clear that we would trust Him on this journey.


The verse I have chosen to banner the blog for this year will be my biggest challenge yet biggest comfort.


In Proverbs, it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.....and in ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and HE WILL make your path straight."  We set out on this journey September, 23rd if you want to track the paper trail.  I am acknowledging now that I'm not doing this out of my own understanding. It is in my understanding, that this is CRAZY. God, however, is not crazy. He promises that He will make our path straight. He does not promise that the path will not be very curvy and bumpy along the way though.  I am expecting some bumps this year.


Thank you Lord for stirring our hearts.  Because of you, a baby boy around the world awaits us.  Son, we anxiously pray for you and think about you every day. Our kids are excited to have another brother, and they don't even sound surprised that you come to us this way. We cannot WAIT!


(For the sake of the child's privacy, I cannot blog any information regarding him! sorry! He's super cute, and the girls have affectionately named him "chubby cheeks")


So with that said, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

17 comments:

Mandy said...

Woo-hoo! Guess it's out there now, huh? LOVE it and I love my new nephew already. So, so much!! Welcome to this crazy family. Is HE ready for us?? HA HA HA

Family of five -in Sweden said...

When will he come and live with you? I think you´re doing a great thing. Congratulations!
www.mammamargit.blogg.se

Katie said...

Love your new header and CAN'T wait for our new nephew! Love you.

We'll remind each other of your new theme verse this year!

Shannon said...

What exciting news! Katie sent me an email this morning telling me to get over to your blog and read it! Hahaha She said she was about to bust! I can't wait to follow you along on this journey and I'll definitely be praying!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

oh wow, oh wow!!! That is awesome!! We cannot wait to meet your new addition! How exciting!!!

Leigh Callaway said...

Oh Mer, I'm so excited the news is out! I did tell my husband, of course, but the only good thing about not being at school with y'all is that I wasn't tempted to share the news any earlier!! :)
I am so happy for all of you! To see you and Faber step out in faith this way is such an awesome example of believing in God's promises. He WILL direct your paths as the sweet little one arrives. The way your children have already accepted the wonderful news is a testimony to the way you have raised them in God's truths. What joy waits for your family!
It's so amazing that God knew just which family needed another precious little boy, and which little angel it would be...on the other side of the world!
I can't wait to see the newest little one! He and G-man will be so close...and in to so many things!! hee
A new journey begins for you... what a wonderful thing!

Love you much~
Leigh

Janette said...

That is so amazing!!! Can't wait to meet this new little guy. :)

Unknown said...

So Happy for the White family to be expanding! I have no doubt that you guys will be such great parents for the new little guy! Can't wait! Congratulations. By the way, I love doing homecoming pictures..there is nothing like it, so don't forget that detail and have someone there close with a great camera to capture it all..if it is in the summer count on me! I'll be there. Warning, just like my other adoptive photoshoots, photographer will CRY!

Beth Ann said...

Yea...so much fun and excitment is in store for you and your new little guy. He doesn't even realize how blessed he is about to be having you and Faber for parents. I love you guys! I guess it really will be crazy when we are together now! :)

Jennifer said...

Meredith, I am so excited for your family! How awesome! I know your family will be a blessing to your sweet boy, and that he will be a blessing to you all as well.
My husband is adopted so I have big place in my heart for adoption! It's a great thing!
Praying for your family and looking forward to seeing this little guy!

Melissa said...

Love your new header, you are so creative!

Your sweet baby boy around the world will be blessed to have you and Faber as his parents! Your trust and faith in God is a powerful testimony and I know you both will continue to keep God in the center of your family. Your brother and I love ya'll so much and cannot wait to welcome "chubby cheeks" to the family! We are both so excited and will pray everything goes smoothly this year during the adoption process!

Piano mom said...

Congratulations! So thrilled for you.

becca said...

Sooooo excited for all of you beautiful Whites!!! I love you much!

Jenn said...

We are so excited for this HUGE step for your family! What a lucky little boy to have such a wonderful family that will love on him! And what blessing this will be for you all around... We are praying for you and waiting with great anticipation :)Love, Jenn and Jeff, Annalise, Sarah and Ben

LIZBETH said...

Meredith and Faber, I can't believe it took me this long to get to your blog! I don't believe I have had so much trouble, but I am so excited! You must know that from a grandmother that has two adopted grands, they have been two of the best blessings I have ever had in my life! It is so neat to look at a child and know that their life and yours completely changed because you made that move! I am sooooo excited that you are adding this dimension to your life!

Laura said...

Congrats on the adoption! Steve and I are about 8 weeks away from finishing our certification! What a crazy journey but so worth every minute!!!

The Cornett Family said...

That is wonderful news!! Can't wait to meet this precious little boy! Congratulations!!