I was reviewing the terms and licensing agreements set fourth by blogspot.com last night concerning content "appropriate" when blogging. This is what I found:
At blogger, we understand that it is impossible for parents to be completely objective about their children, and so not only do we allow bragger bragger content, we encourage you to be even obnoxious at times when it comes to bragging about your child.
In reading this, I felt like I needed to stay within the guidelines that I signed up to uphold when I started this blog 3 years ago. It is my kid's birthday, so I'm going to be totally nonobjective about my fabulous girl!
I can't believe she's 8! Allie is the life of the party around here; she is loud, energetic, fun-loving, silly, and has a helpful heart. She likes to help so much that her sister may call it "bossing me", but we are working on it. She is excited to be alive and that is the BEST way to describe her. Some people aren't so excited about being alive...and they should be! She's contagious. Her jokes are terrible at 8, but how can one not laugh because she thinks they are the best thing every shared!
Her teacher shared this on her report card the first 9 weeks, and it made this mamma proud.
"Allie is a sweet and vivacious girl with a very quick mind. She easily grasps new concepts. She is a very strong in her reading and math skills. Allie has a teacher's heart and would easily become a teacher's assistant - even at age 7! She always wants to help others understand. I can see a heart for God in her as she is always eager to serve others. She is a great storyteller, and sometimes will get carried away on the wave of her own story! At these points, I just remind her of self-control and she immediately responds. She is always very respectful and responsive to any correction, and is always so full of joy that she lights up the room! I am so glad she is in my class."
More than being proud, I'm just thankful. I am thankful that she loves her life, that she is healthy, and that she is learning to think about others besides herself. That is a process for all of us, but we are seeing signs of humanity! Allie you are loved;Happy Birthday!
Now don't go looking up the licensing terms....I didn't put that in quotes if you know what I mean ....

4 comments:
Perfectly said!! I love that girl too. She will never be called "boring"!
Happy Birthday!
Adorable pictures. :) Happy birthday, Allie!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Allie! Love you!
We love that Allie! Can't wait to spend some time with you guys! Now off to work on my "book"! :)
Post a Comment