Saturday, June 4, 2011

There's no place like home...there's no place like home..

According to Allie, there's a place EVEN BETTER!    That kid!  I don't think she missed us a bit. What's not to like I say? No cleaning your room, constant entertainment, and a sleep over every night without conditions.  My brother asked her tonight if it was "like a church camp" and she said, well I'm not sure if it's a church camp, but "they definitely want you to make a connection with the Lord." She's getting so old! I loved some of her responses in the devotional they kept through the week.  She will get a kick out of reading them some day. 


We didn't receive a letter until midweek. I was hoping for a little more depth, but was thrilled just to hear from her!  


Garrett enjoyed the donuts more than the happy reunion.


After we got in the car, Mary said, "I really missed you Allie." Totally unprompted. That'll do it for me:)







Glad she's safe and sound, and in the bed on time tonight!  I was shocked to find that everything I sent made it back. Unfortunately I ended up with a few things that weren't hers. I told her I was very proud that she actually kept up with her stuff (I wouldn't call her responsible in this way), and she said, "I did great; I made it back with mine and more!" Hmm..will have to work on that.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So fun! She is so old!

Love those sister pics.