Monday, October 1, 2012

Four month faces

David came home four months ago today:-)


I can't tell you how glad I am that it has been four months and not four weeks.  I can't tell you how glad I am that it has been four months and not four weeks.  I can't tell you how glad I am that it has been four months and not four weeks.

Did you get that?

It was a road we had to walk down, and we are still walkin' it,  but those first 8 weeks were by far the hardest.  As a mamma, as a daddy, as a sister, as a brother, as a two year old in a new country, a new home, a new family....each of us has had things to work through.  

God has been so gracious as He has knitted us all together. 


Look at that face.  The boy is so animated, and one of the things I find so much joy in are his many expressions.



Total deer in the headlights expression!    One of the only Korean words David still says is "mommo" which is "dog."  He often says "dog," but tonight he kept pointing to his shirt and saying "mommo."  

His speech has really taken off the past few weeks.  He is now saying the "r" sound which was completely absent.  He told me today to "hurry.!"  As clear as a bell!  He says "more" and "water" with the correct "r" sound, and he's been trying to do that since the first or second week home.


He still sleeps like a CHAMP and has been incredibly healthy.  Having a kid outside of our gene pool ROCKS because we I have sucky asthma genes. 


And finally...  What is that in his hand? 

I finally found some sea weed like the kind he was eating in Korea!  He gobbled it down today...look at the smile of approval.  Go MOM!

Happy four months at home sweet David!

4 comments:

texasbean said...

Beautiful photos, Meredith! Is there an R sound in Korean? I'm curious...

Katie said...

Four month!? I can't believe it! Happy 4 months home, David! Love you!

becca said...

So beautiful in so many ways. :)

Psalm139verse14 said...

That last pic of him eating kim is so stinking cute!!