Wednesday, November 6, 2013

No shoes no service




I forgot his shoes.
I have to wake this boy up most afternoons to go grab the big kids, and he stays asleep in the car with the blanket over his head.  Usually I throw his shoes in the car and we go.

Today, I had to get out to go inside the school rather than pick up line, and he had to walk, half asleep in his bare feet.

You know what?
I didn't even care:)
Seriously, I think God gave me four kids because it took me having four to realize, some things really aren't that big of a deal.  I'm a "blend in" kind of girl, and it's not cool to care about everything little thing anymore.  

I saw this article on Ann Voskamp's blog.
It's about comparison.  This silly little example made me consider this.  As mammas, we are sometimes busy worrying about whether we measure up to all the other mammas.  When I realized that I forgot his shoes, I was about to get embarrassed thinking, "What will the other mammas thinking?  Oh. There is the lady with all those kids who doesn't have it together."  Which is probably not even the case, but why even give it a fleeting thought?
Because we measure our worth by the world's standards and not by God's.
He surely doesn't care about walking around barefooted, so why should I?

Here's the article.  She says it WAY better than I could, but I'm not comparing:)

Here is the Link.




2 comments:

Psalm139verse14 said...

I can see your blog! yippeeee

Mandy said...

So true!!! I think there are more moms that wish they didn't care. : )