Friday, August 22, 2008

Me and my Mary

Well, thus endeth our first "week" of school, even though it was only 2.5 days long. Allie LOVED it. Today when she hopped in the car, I said, well...how was it? Was it GREAT? (her usual response to things she really likes), and she very sadly said...nope mom it wasnt'. I said...aww what happened, and a big smile came over her face, and she said, "IT WAS SWELL!"...HA..GOTCHA MOM, DIDN'T I"! Ha...such a joker that one has become. Anyways, she explained that she went to art class today, and they had show and tell, and someone brought a real live kitten, and oh how she wishes we had a kitten, but she knows Hannibal would eat our kitten, so she won't even ask for one...blah blah blah!

All that to say....this week I spent some really "swell" time with my Mary. Those of you who know her, know she's a funny one. She actually talks quite alot when sister is not around. She didn't ask about Allie until today actually. She said, "I go my school??? I ready go my school". She went one day last year, but this year she'll go 2 days. I'm so thankful both the kids love being away from me..ha!!


5 comments:

My boys said...

sweet Mary!!! I hope next week Friday we are saying that things are swell!

Janette said...

That's so great the Allie is enjoying school so much! Actually, that's so great that school is so "swell" for Allie! :) And I'm sure Mary enjoys her time with you too!

Beth Ann said...

I LOVE Mary's pigtails--too cute! Glad you all had a good week--we did too!

Jaime said...

I love those two pictures of Mary! What great grins!

Katie said...

Yea! What a great smile!