Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Days are here

Well, today is the day. I had to drag her out of bed this morning ( a very rare occurence which only took 5 years to achieve). She was very exicted; it was pouring down rain, so not exactly the best time for first day pics. As we drove into the parking lot, she said in her very "Allie fashion",
"Just drop me off mom, I'll be fine."

My reply: "Oh good grief, Al, act like you at least want me to go in!"

So we walked in and found her cubby, and she said, "OK, mom, I'm fine, I'll see you this afternoon."

My reply: " Allie, I'm going to go into class for a few minutes, they are having a mommy activity too. "

Allie: "Oh, well alright, if you want to come in, that'll be fine".

Don't worry, I'm not at all surprised. She's not the least bit shy about new situations. So that was that!! The teacher read a book to us, and she traced my hand and made a necklace out of it to wear for the day.
Ready for the day.
Let's go already!

"The Kissing Hand"...the book Mrs. Arce read to all of us.


When I came home, Faber asked, "What are you going to do with all your 'free' time". I think I'll probably find something:)

10 comments:

Mandy said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! When can Abby start school? And, what ARE you going to do with ALL of your free time?

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, she looks so cute in her little uniform!! Can you believe she's in Kindergarten?? She's going to have a blast!

Mommy Lion said...

FABER!!!! What is he thinking! How about finding two adorable little somethings! *wink* Can't wait to hear about her first day . . . in her own words! (you should video it and blog it of course!)

My boys said...

ROFL!!! I LOVE the "free time" questions!!!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I can't wait to hear about her first day! I also read Brenda Arce's blog and I have been waiting all afternoon for an update! Ali looked so adorable in her uniform. I agree you should video blog it. What a great memory that would be.

P.S. Was that Michelle Barron in the background of the classroom picture? She had on a UT hat? If so, she is GREAT! Her son and Andrew were big friends in K at CHS.

Jaime said...

She looks so cute! What a sweet, happy smile.

becca said...

So fun!!! Allie looks adorable, of course. She cracks me up! We still have another 2 weeks before schools starts up here - Caleb is excited and nervous, but I know he'll do fine once he sees his friends again. He gets soooo anxious about new situations, but Ariel is much more like Allie in that respect. I hope Allie's first day went well!

Beth Ann said...

Oh Mer--Allie looks like such a big girl, and her comments are so Allie! I know she's going to LOVE it--just like Laynie!! Laynie taked my "Kissing Hand" in her backpack everyday--I think she's probably only doing it to make me feel loved! Talk to you soon!

Katie said...

SO CUTE! Did you just ball your eyes out? I mean, when they did that kissing hand? That would have done me in...for a little bit! I know you're excited!!

Kristen said...

Wow...so you are officiallythe mom of a kindergartner!!! Do you feel old?...:) She looks so cute in her uniform...I need to give you a call to get the scoop on her first few days!