Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparents Day

Today is Grandparents Day. Don't Grandparents just shape us all? We all have memories of these amazing people that put their stamps on our lives and on our children's lives. Some of us only knew them for a short time, others for a very long time. My mom's grandfather died only a few years ago at the age of 103...only a few days shy of his 104 birthday. He was DEFINITELY a character. We all called him PawPaw....my memories of him more than anything were that he was P-R-O-U-D!!! He was so proud of his family. Every time I saw him for years, I remember him telling me he loved me...and that he was so lucky to have his family...and that he was so proud of them! So this is the word I use to describe Grandparents. They are proud people...in a good way of course. Maybe they are proud because they are done raising kids, and everyone is paying for themselves. Maybe they are proud to see baby after baby born and realize each one holds a piece of them. I obviously am a LONG ways from reaching that mark (ha), but realize when I get there, I will be PROUD too. From a grandchild's perspective, I am beaming with pride myself because I am proud to have descended from such colorful, honorable, and dignified people. I am so blessed that I have had them in my life for so many years.

Nanna and Papoo (my parents) with the newest grandchildren born this summer.

This also is the first picture of Bunny and Pappy with their new grands from the past year.

They are getting this grandparenting thing down....lots of practice!!

Now for pics from this weekend. Nanna and Papoo came down to go to Allie's Grandparents day luncheon. Allie was very proud to have them there I'm sure. You know my dad can't just sit on the couch either. We are always finding projects to keep poor Papoo from being bored. Check out what "we" got done this weekend. What do Grandparents bring to the table??? Wisdom, love, and..... FREE labor! Thanks Papoo....oh and Nanna too...she's the grouting grandma!




3 comments:

Beth Ann said...

The room looks SO much better! I may just have to hire Max out myself! I'm glad Allie had her grandparents with her--Laynie will too on Wednesday at school! Grandparents are great!

Kristen said...

Is it just me, or does Allie look a LOT like her "Pappy"? When I saw that picture of "Bunny" and him with the grandkids it just struck me...that's Allie's smile!

My boys said...

You sure hit it on the head sister!! There is no one better than Grandparents!! My little man has been SO blessed with his!!