Em told me as a birthday gift that she would keep the kids for a weekend, and even insisted on nailing it down back in August. (I bet she'll settle for a pair of earrings next year:) There was only about one weekend the whole fall that would coordinate with the hub's schedule and theirs, so we set it! I asked him to plan something out of town. It is not his style to blab about anything, and the hubs has quite the "poker face"so except for his parents and my sister, no one knew where we are off too. With only 2.5 days to burn, I did not expect to drive to the airport, but that's where we went. He kept it from me until we actually reached the gate, and that's when I saw LAS VEGAS! I was pretty shocked. We headed west! I wish I would have taken some pics of the costumes we saw there on Halloween. YIKES! We had a great time eating, catching a show, and just walking around. The best part of it was just uninterrupted thoughts! I thought and spoke in complete sentences all weekend. I read a book, took a nap, and slept in until I wanted to get up. Now that is worth all the chips in Vegas. Thanks to the hubs and the sister and brother-in-law for a great weekend. Don't forget to check out the post below on what the kids did all weekend!



8 comments:
I am so happy for you guys! What a blast! And I'm glad you included at least ONE pic of the two of you together :)!!! Love you! Jenn
Oh! And what an awesome brother and sister you have. Truly.
Sounds like the perfect weekend. Sooo fun and relaxing. Adams blog entry was hilarious by the way...I was cracking up through the whole thing...especially the part about changing Garrett's diaper...too funny!!!
I can only imagine how much-needed this weekend was for ya'll. What a fun trip! :)
So fun! Take us with you next time. Em and Adam won't mind keeping Abby too right?
FUN! I am so glad you were surprised and had a great time. Post some pics!! Miss you!
FUN! I am so glad you were surprised and had a great time. Post some pics!! Miss you!
Fantastic! What an awesome getaway. Kudos to Faber for keeping it a secret and even bigger kudos to your sis and bil!
Glad you were able to relax and refresh! Kudos to Adam and Em . ..
Post a Comment