Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ta Dah!!!!

Bet you thought this was going to be something big like Garrett taking his first steps at the ripe old age of 6 months. Well nope....actually it may seem like no big thing to you. TO ME, it is a significant milestone. You see, my girls did not get hair on their head for a LONG LONG TIME. My theory is that they became very tenderheaded (Mary doesn't seem to be this way) because I was not able to brush and pull on their hair when they were too young to care. Some would say I was just too gentle...at any rate, My Allie is THE PITS when it comes to fixing her hair. She whines and screams and carries on. Now that her hair is finally long due to a very unfortunate hair cutting mishap at the age of 4, I have started pulling her hair back. Today when she wasn't really paying too much attention, I FINALLY braided it! She even liked it and wanted me to do it again!

Allie at 9 months.....she was a balding beauty for a long time after that too.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Meredith!!! Who knew you would have to wait 5 and 1/2 years to get to this point!?! I am so proud of you. What a gorgeous braid!!!! :) Love you!

My boys said...

Great job! Sweet baby girl!! Man G-man does look like her!

Kristen said...

Sooo pretty! You are going to have to give me braiding lessons.... with Ava's long hair I think I may be needing it soon!

Mommy Lion said...

It was truly a masterpiece! I'm anxious to hear how long it fared! Thanks again for a fun evening!

Melissa said...

Tell Allie her hair is beautiful, good job Momma!