Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

WARNING...rediculously long post! Was I really this proud and excited??? Well of course I was, but these are all "grandparent" worthy whether they are "blog" worthy or not...so indulge me.

How can one blog after the AI finale!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting...loved it....

It was ALMOST as exciting as Allie's kindergarten graduation this morning! Her class did a fine job. Afterwards I asked her if she was excited to be done with her first year of school, and she replied, "Well mom I've got like 11 more to go, so how exciting is that?" She had a great year, and is ready for summer, so ready or not, here we go!

Her graduation pic...yes they've come along way from the time we were in K...in fact I don't think we graduated for that matter.


When I look at this pic, I think...wow..I'm so glad she's not "really" a senior and leaving the nest, but also think how quickly it may be until that pic is taken....yikes.

Allie and M posing
Allie's sweet teacher. She LOVED her and will miss her much this summer.

Allie invited her long time friend (if it is possible that you have a longtime friend when you are 6) Blake to come watch the ceremony. He was SOOO funny as usual. He looked at hubs and said very matter of factly..."Well Mr. Favor I don't believe I've ever been to this school before, and I think it's quite nice." He sat very attentively and was a proud friend. This is her "invitation" that she made for him.



Just for a good laugh, here were some responses from a booklet made by her class.

"Our Kindergarten Book of Wisdom for Graduates"

"As you graduate and go out into the world, I think you should know......

not to drive crazy...Act like you are really going to graduate and be careful if you go hunting.

to be safe. Eat well, don't eat poisonous food. Teach people about Jesus. Remember to exercise.

Don't forget to pick out a good house. If you have a pet, feed it.

not to be silly when you graduate. When you buy something make sure you have enough money to buy it.

not to act goofy bc you are almost a grown up. Your children will not be good grown ups if you act goofy.

to get someone to marry.

make sure you have everything you need and say good bye to your parents.

you need to buy a house and a room. You need to get furniture.

You need to cook. You will have to color by yourself. You will do math in college.

how to be nice if you have a room mate.

And from Allie...

math because you are older and because you are growing. Remember your parents if you're away from them.

I left out quite a bit from the booklet, but in all seriousness the book was sprinkled with phrases like...you need to honor God...find a church..ask Jesus into your heart. Wow...from a group of kindergartners!

FINALLY!!!!! Here are some videos from the ceremony for you grandparents of course.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh. I love it all! I love the comments in the Book of Wisdom, so funny. And most of all, the sweet video of her saying her bible verse! Her teacher hit the nail on the head with her comments on Allie. Did you cry? So sweet!

Jaime said...

So sweet! I don't think it was too long at all! Looks like a special day and it deserves a long post on your blog. :-) Congratulations, Allie!

Mommy Lion said...

Okay ~ love the pic! That is one for framing!!! Thanks so much for letting Blake go. He was so excited. Can't believe they are growing up so fast!