Saturday, June 6, 2009

Back in Black

OK OK I can't stay out of blog land. The sucking sensation has been all around me this week. The truth is I thought blogging was becoming a burden, but I guess it's truly something I can't STOP! I do however need to work on that header problem. Summer is crazy! Who feels that routine is a good thing and that lack of routine is a little unsettling??? We are still figuring out how to live with each other full time, but it's going well!

So here is what I couldn't leave out!!! I was perusing through the WalMarts (as Mary calls it) when I saw some $1.97 face paint. There were three kids in the cart who looked oh so eager to give it a whirl, and for whatever reason, I thought it was a FABULOUS idea!

I did a test run and found that the sweet little heart I painted on Allie's face came off quite nicely and without much effort...SOOOOOOOOOOOOO........

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! What happened to my daughter??? I was only gone for 2 min to change a dirty diaper! Well not exactly. "M" was over to play and decided that she wanted to paint Allie into a cat, and Allie was going to paint "M" into a dog and they were going to chase each other around. YIKES...after I saw Allie's face, I decided to nix the doggy idea. I was afraid "M" would have to leave for camp looking like a lost puppy. ("M"'s mom you can thank me later:)

Oh and don't mention this whole incident to Allie. She was quite upset after she looked in the mirror. She became very worried and embarrassed (as she described it). She overheard me telling a friend about it and immediately started crying! So being the loving mom I am, I am sharing it with the world, but just don't tell her I did!

So what else can I blog about on this summer night? Allie ran her first race this morning. She has been training for some time for the "kids' marathon" here in town. The goal was to run 25.2 miles by today and then she would run the last mile today to complete the 26.2 miles. Well, after a valiant effort, she did not quite make the mark. She ran 16 miles (not bad for 6), but still wanted to run the race today. She did great! Mary was not so crazy about being downtown at 8 this am, but she did have a funny comment. She saw a young man with a very distinct mohawk. Very loudly she said, "Mommy, that man looks like a chicken!". Allie replied..."well Mary he sure does!" That was worth the race itself !




A special thanks to Allie's friend "D" who trained and actually completed the 25 miles. She is 12 and stayed with Allie during the race to encourage her along. What a sweet friend:)

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Don't worry about not changing your header...mine has been the same since last June too. It's going to have to wait till things slow down....if they ever do. Anyway...the face paint thing is really hilarious...poor thing...not exactly the look she was going for! And congrats to Allie for running her first race!

Josie said...

Way to go Allie on running the race!! And I can't stop laughing over the face painting. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

Congrats Allie for completing the race, what a wonderful accomplishment! I bet your Pappy is VERY proud, way to go!

Janette said...

The face paint story is a riot!! :) And I love the kids' race idea...although they need it for adults too!! :) If only I could accumulate the miles to add up to a marathon!! :)

Jaime said...

The face painting picture is so precious. Bless her heart. I love how you put it, too. When it embarrasses our kids, we just put it on the blog and they never know we were talking about them... Too funny. :-)

Great job, Allie, in the race!! She looks like such a big girl with her number pinned on. And, how sweet of "D" to be so thoughtful and helpful. She's a neat girl.