Finally she's here...finally I'm posting her...finally finally finally.
I've waited a long time for this. (So why am I this late in posting?? I snuck out of town for the weekend to get a break from being a mommy, so that is why the late posting. ) I don't even know where to start. Thursday, July 23rd, Abbott Clare arrived weighing in at 9lbs 12 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. I have experienced the excitement of delivery day three times now, but to experience it from the other side of the room was SOOOO incredibly different. It was overwhelming really. To watch a couple that is so dear to me wait for their first born to make her debut was so exciting that I thought I would burst.
2:30 am.....a text "my water just broke". I couldn't sleep; do I go to the hospital? Do I patiently wait? I've never been on this end of things.
6:00 am...I can't sleep. I'm going even if she is 2.5 cm.
7:20 am...arrive at the hospital. Epidural already in place...we are set, let the party begin.
11:00am...already complete.....Dr. D will be here soon....wait..wait...wait. What is it about babies that you just have to keep waiting? Em and Adam had been waiting for 41 weeks, so seriously why make her wait? Of course there was a good reason, but as she had the last 41 weeks, Em waited patiently for the Dr. to arrive.
Sometime after that, the push party began. Em was a trooper....2 steps forward, 3 steps back...and then at 2:22 pm...Abbott Clare was born. GASP....gahh lee...she must be 9 pounds...no maybe she's 10 pounds. As the estimates went out, Adam and Emily just stared in that moment of unspeakable emotion. They placed that sweet baby on the scale and BAM! Almost 10 pounds. I've not seen my sister that shocked very many times!!!
So there you have it. Mom, Dad, and baby are doing well. Em and Adam congratulations on your healthy baby girl! You guys are going to be wonderful parents, and I'm so happy she's finally here. I'll post a whole slide show later...I only have a few hundred pictures to weed through.
3 comments:
She is beautiful! Congratulations Aunt Meredith!
Finally a picture! But only one!?!? What kind of aunt are you!?! JK
Glad you had fun on your getaway; can't wait to hear all about it!
Congrats Auntie!! She is beautiful!!
Post a Comment