Friday, November 20, 2009

18 months

G babe turned 18 months old this month! I feel like things are getting easier around here. He's running all over the house, but he squeals and laughs everywhere he goes. If you've seen him lately, you've probably had a good conversation with him. He has his own little language, however, we are finally starting to hear some real words lately too! He says a handful of "real" words, can count to five (thanks to Bunny), and he sings too! Check out the video at the very bottom of him and Mary singing Twinkle Twinkle. What a sweet little duet!


The registrar at Mary's school told me a few weeks ago that they had a spot available if I wanted to send Garrett. I had debated keeping him home full time all year, but I "cried UNCLE" this week. It is so much easier to get things done with a stretch of time during the day. He happily started on Tuesday and he will go one day per week! He ran right in the room screaming "BALL BALL BALL!" and never looked back...such a third child.

Sheww....long day mom! This picture wasn't actually taken on his "first day" (I actually missed his picture that day), but I do love that he walks around with his favorite "blankie" on his head.


Back up! That's Allie at 18 months. I can't help but think these two look so much alike, but I haven't found anyone to agree with me to a great extent. Garrett's "18 month tantrum meter" is much better than Allie's was. He is very easy going and gets over things quickly. He literally laughs all day so he's very fun to be around and will probably get away with murder....or he already does for that matter.


Now look at her! She's getting so big on me. This morning was her Thanksgiving fest at school. She wanted to be an Indian, and is happy to show off for the camera.

She had her school picture made this week as well. I snapped one outside before school.

If you've made it this far, don't forget this snippett of Garrett and Mary singing!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Oh my gosh!!!! The singing is precious! :) I can see a resemblance between Garrett at 18 mos. and Allie at 18 mos. However, looking at Allie's 18 mo. picture just looks like a smaller version of Allie today (with less hair, of course!). They both have distinct looks, I guess, but they do favor each other. :)