Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Big brother

...and I'm not talking about Garrett. (Although it is strange to think he is a big brother to a baby around the world.)  We've officially been fingerprinted.  Big brother has our stamp.  On Monday, we had an appointment at 8am in a city a couple of hours away. We were there and back before 10:30. Now that is efficiency.  This concludes the adoption hoops until we travel.  I wish I had an update; be we continue to wait with little information......it's just the way it is.


We were there rather early in case of traffic. There were about 4 parking spots for "patrons" as the sign said.  The employees of the federal government, however, had several spots right in front of the entrance. I made a comment to hubs, "That's strange, most businesses have their employees park furthest from the door, and let their customers park close to the door."  To which he replied, "That's the federal government for you."  I've got two legs that work, and I'm not a parking space snob, but I did see the truth in his sarcasm.


Speaking of the federal government,  Allie and I took a trip to the Oval Office last week. I've been a busy mamma.


She even sat in the first chair.


Seal on the ceiling


Hand woven seal on the floor. It was woven in France and took 8 months to make.


That's some field trip for second grade. Ok, Ok...so I'm exaggerating...a little.  There is a presidential enthusiast right here in town.  He has a hobby that is a bit over the top. He worked in the white house for 7 presidents and has quite a collection of memorabilia including a chair from Jackie Kennedy's bedroom, a buffet piece that Truman ate from daily, a rocking chair that J.F.K used and several other things.  To display them, he BUILT himself a replica of the oval office. He added it onto his house.  His wife must really love the man who loves his collection.

This is just a random video of a grand idea that Allie had. Oh good gracious.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love the video! I'm totally impressed with the presidential enthusiast. What a great field trip!

becca said...

I read through that and kept going back and forth in my head as to whether or not you were kidding! But a replica of the oval office makes a lot more sense! That is crazy. What a fantastic experience! Did Allie ever make it to the moon? And congrats on being done with your adoption hoops! I pray for patience for your waiting! That's gotta be crazy tough. But then again, you are crazy tough! :)

Katie said...

Added that onto his house?? Oh my!

That video is hilarious. ; )

Psalm139verse14 said...

I was wondering if you were going to post your fingerprint update! I'm ready to hear that you were submitted in EP batch. How old is the little man now?

Rachelle H said...

I thought maybe you were at the Oval Office in Little Rock at the clinton library! :)
rach

Jennifer said...

I've been there! The support center that is.