Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday weekend

We took the kids to the gparents for Garrett's birthday.  They wore us out!  You would never know from these pictures that Garrett had been pretty ill the whole week...I think he was glad to get out of the house. Since we've been home, he's almost fully recovered.  You've never seen two parents so excited to see a NORMAL diaper as we were tonight. Some things I read about salmonella said the diarrhea can linger for weeks and sometimes months. I was thinking..."it's summer, this is not going to be acceptable if we can't get in the pool!!!"  Our Dr. said even though he appeared to be very sick for several days (when your kid is screaming for hours because of abdominal pain among other really scary diaper symptoms, it is very scary), that because his cultures took several days to turn positive, he probably had a relatively mild ingestion. I can't even imagine a significant ingestion and am SO SO thankful that he's on the mends. He has been SO happy today!!!! At his 3 year check up, despite not eating much for a week, he was 100% in weight and 95% in height. 


We've not had this many family pictures in the last 3 years as we had this weekend!  Bunny was very intentional about getting us all in the pic!


At the zoo!


I love this pic! Garrett was screaming woo woo! Like every 3 year old, he LOVES a train ride.


Look at the birds Pappy!


Pretty girls:)


These chimps were fighting about something. They were loud and obnoxious!


We went to the baseball game that night.  We didn't last long because it was much colder than anticipated, but had a great time.


Look who I ran in to!!! I can't believe we were at the same place at the same time unplanned! Beth Ann and I have been best friends since child hood....we only visited for a minute, but it was great to snag a pic.


Allie and Laynie were shocked. Their reaction was priceless.







Garrett and I stayed home from church, but we dressed up to get a pic afterward since we hardly ever get the opportunity. He actually cooperated.


Love those sweet gparents!




What a fun weekend to celebrate our goofy boy!

1 comment:

Katie said...

So glad ya'll had fun. Love the pictures! Makes me miss everyone so much.