Today is Abbott's bday! (my niece:) We went to her house this afternoon for a swim party, and as always, the kids had a blast.
Garrett SWAM without his float for the first time! After a couple of "back and fourths", he swallowed half the pool, and kindly requested to put his floatie back on, but he is getting to the point that if he fell in, he could definitely get to the side.
Speaking of a "little fishy." I was vacuuming the girls' room after the party when I noticed a pen mark that was oh probably 4-6 feet stretched out drawn across the carpet. I assumed it was GARRETT, but no no...it was the 8.5 year old. I was a BIT shocked and maybe a little dismayed. After a 10 min interrogation, I decided to check on Garrett who was finishing up his bath. He decided to dump about 5 gallons of bath water on the floor during the altercation, so this was NOT going well....not at all. Of course this only happens when there are not two parents at home, and this was the case.
I waited for dad to arrive home, and after talking to her, we came up with a clever little consequence if I do say so myself. She had to come up with a long list of things she would NOT write on in the future. It turned out pretty funny, so I had to blog about it because she will laugh some day when she reads it.
The funniest line...I will not write on my friends!
I went on about my business, and was about to go to bed, when I found another list on the table....written by her sweet daddy. I'm not even sure she read it, but I thought it was the kindest act. She was quite devastated by her poor judgement and took it very very hard. What hubs did was an act of grace, and she will not forget that I'm sure.
Happy Birthday to my crazy boo! We love you!


9 comments:
I loved the video!
Garrett the whale shark...swims with mouth open. nothing that a few million repetitions of blowing bubbles won't fix.
But the dad note really went deep into my heart, as I'm sure it did Allie's. Way to go, Dad!!
I Love it!!! HUBS is the best!!! Many tears!!! A treasure she must keep forever! I love the line .....because she reminds me of her Mom!!
k
Coming up with creative discipline is rough, you did great. Love the daddy note too.
Way to go, Garrett!
Happy birthday, Abbot. ; )
My favorite on the list is "I will not write on my mom's car." Ha! Very creative.
What a sweet dad! And yay for your sweet boy!
So sweet. Made me tear up like when he baptized her. Mercy!
Gman is doing so good!!
Love Allie's..."I will not write on friends" So cute!
Love the note to y'alls sweet girl! She will cherish that forever! I have notes similar to that, that my dad wrote me and I have kept!
He made me tear up! Love ALL your family!
You two are brilliant! Love your choices and loved both notes. I uncovered some college notes from Faber the other day - mostly about loving Arkansas, Rush Limbaugh, and David Beasley (not necessarily in that order). Made me smile. Some things never change, and they never should. Thanks for sharing your sweet family and inspiring the rest of us who can only hope to be so crafty and loving with discipline! :)
Post a Comment