Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mamma saves Halloween


Silly pic!


The kids all picked out their costumes this year.  Allie's was not so "well built."  She had a carnival the day before, and here is what her shirt looked like.....


It ripped from the armpit all the way to the wrist!  She was pretty upset that Jesse was going to have the "Dukes of Hazard" look...sleeveless.  I tried patching the sleeves up with a white sheet, but that was no good.  I ended up cutting the sleeves off of a white long sleeve t-shirt and sewing them in as Jesse's sleeves.  Then I sewed the cuffs on the wrists.  When she woke up, she exclaimed, "MAMMA YOU SAVED HALLOWEEN!"  My head swelled like a pumpkin on the front porch...my 8 year old thought I was superhero...for just a minute:)  


...her not so shiny sleeves:)






Thankfully, November is here!  Good bye October...I will not miss you until next fall...you "December in disguise."

2 comments:

My boys said...

You are the bomb AND a hero all at one time! I love the "December in disguise" comment! Next year 4 buckets ready to trick or treat!

Katie said...

You are so right! It really IS a December in disguise! Love you.d