Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

Well hello 2012;  you have finally arrived.  You have brought with you many unanswered questions, but we are so excited that you are here.  You will finally end the wait for our son across the world.  


Usually the first thing I hear on Garrett's monitor is banging on the floor (he sleeps above us) and shouting which includes, "Mommy I'm awake, come get me!"  We keep his room locked because he is a night time wonderer, and we don't want him falling down stairs or shouting at the top of the gated stairs, waking up his sisters.


Today, January 1, he quietly got out of bed and turned on his music player.  The song that played was, "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.  Red and yellow, black, and white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world."  


And the second time through, as the tears were forming in my eye balls, Garrett started singing the second verse.  Now, I've heard this song 100,000 times, but this morning it unraveled me.


Jesus, thank you for loving our little boy.  Thank you for giving us a new son.  Thank you that 2012 has finally arrived.  Prepare our hearts.  Prepare his too.   


Oh...I hear knocking from upstairs.  I'm coming son!!!



4 comments:

My boys said...

Mer! Love it! I'm so excited for you to finally hold "the cheeks"!

Mandy said...

So sweet. What a great year it will be!!

Katie said...

Love CC and love your new look, too!!

becca said...

I got all teary reading this post. I'm so excited for you and your growing family! Yay for 2012!!!