According to ask.com a "tween" is defined as "a child between the ages of 9-12. A tween is no longer a little child, but not quite a teenager."
Folks I'm not ok with Allie being lumped into this made up category.
I mean she's my first born baby. (first birthday...no hair..mouth always going even if she had only a couple words)
She and I went through A LOT together that first year. We shoveled snow, we made connecting flights, we made great friends:)
Such were the days where we sat around ALL DAY together and played....and sang...and read...and I took videos. Baby girl you were just as dramatic then as you are now. This video cracks me up now because you haven't changed a bit. You can sing a little better:)
And I couldn't leave this one out of my jog down memory lane. It's the greatest "allie file" I have. The great ski jump..you had JUST turned SIX years old two weeks prior. Mary Afton White would rather die than go that fast down a mountain on skis. You are my bold and crazy crazy kid.
Allison Brooke, you are 9 years old today. Don't go tweeny on me kid. I'm not ready for you to look at me like I just don't get it. I know you will some day, but it's not going to be this year...right? I will hang on to these days that you are so silly and chatty.
I remember a night a few weeks ago. You were walking down the aisle at church singing "I wanna hippopotamus for Christmas" with the rest of the kids...parade style. You saw me, stepped out of line, and kissed me on the cheek without considering who would see you love on your mamma. These days will pass, so I'm holding on. Nine will be fine..right?
As much as I am serious, I am also kidding. I have loved watching you grow every year, and I look forward to another year of laughs with you, my precious first born. Thank you for keeping it crazy around here. Happy Happy Birthday to you my dear. WE LOVE YOU MUCH!

5 comments:
LOVE YOU Allie White!!!! Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Allie! You are a beautiful young woman of God and it's been so neat to watch you grow at FBC.
And Meredith, don't worry what the world classifies her as. Focus on what God classifies Allie as! You and Faber are amazing parents and are raising a wonderful Godly young woman!
Happy Birthday to Allie! My niece is turning 10 on January 23rd.
Blessings,
Amy
Hope Allie had a FUN day! Love that girl and love YOU.
The story about church was precious! You will never forget it. ; )
I love this post! And I remember that skiing video from when it originally happened. Crazy girl! So fun, happy birthday Allie!
Post a Comment