Saturday, April 28, 2012

Knock out roses

I'm finally learning that it is much easier to plant perrinials rather than annuals in my flower bed.  I have gotten most everything set except for two big spaces on either side of our porch.  My mom recommended "knock out roses" because they take full sun, and bloom until December. 

 They are all over town and I love them, so I bought a couple to plant.  They were covered in blooms!  I lovingly and carefully buried them out front.  Every day, thereafter, they looked worse and worse.  Blooms started falling off, and the blooms that remained looked dead.  After a week of this nonsense (I can usually keep a plant alive for a season anyway), I called mom and explained to her my quandary.  She said, "Oh, don't worry!  Prune the dead blooms and new ones will form and of course continue to water and maybe fertilize it.  Some plants just don't like change, but they'll come back!"  She wasn't the least bit worried.


I did as she said. This morning, one bloom reappeared!!!  The minute I saw it, I thought of Chubby.  What a perfect illustration from the Lord about the coming month.  I'm anticipating a rough period of time for him in his new "soil."  God has ordered every step along our journey, and I know He is faithful to see His little one bloom eventually even if things are rough for a while.  Continue to pray for him!!!  

We anticipate his EP approval to take place very soon! 

4 comments:

Justine said...

Beautiful illustration!

Laura said...

They are my favorite plants! You can hardly kill them too!

Praying for your upcoming trip! Can't wait to meet him!

becca said...

Perfect, beautiful, I love it!!!

lolly said...

Beautiful!!! I'm going to go cry now. I can't wait for your roses to bloom, ALL of them!