Monday, May 21, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane

Today was the day.  The day that we have waited for for 20 months.  We finally received the call to GO!  



This is the picture we received in our referral email.  He was 6 months old.  He's now 22 months old.  

I CAN NOT WAIT.

But wait I will...but only for a few more days:)

My new found friend, Libby who has answered all my questions and been cheering me on for months texted me a scripture today to encourage me.  (Three out of four of her babies are from Korea)

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you:  I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."
Isaiah 43:5

I cannot believe God has us on this journey.  I'm so blessed.  I am so thankful.  I am so EXCITED!!!

16 comments:

A.K.W. said...

Have a good and safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about your new addition. I was 9 mos. when I came to the USA and my sister was 4 mos. and we're both from Seoul, Korea.

Blessings,

Amy

Justine said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Johannah Sirois said...

I've been reading your blog for quite some time and i'm so happy to hear that this is finally happening for you! Soooo exciting!! Congratulations =)

Sara said...

So excited for you and your family! Have a safe trip!!

Mandy said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm139verse14 said...

Hooray Hooray!!! What an amazing memory about to be made. Chubby Cheeks is coming home.

Sara said...

Yay!!!! So excited for you guys. Please, please keep us posted. Praying for safe travels and a good transition.

easternjourney.com said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Please keep us posted! & praying for your little one as he leaves all that he knows to join a forever family. praying for his grief and attachment.

Unknown said...

YAAAAAAY!!!!

becca said...

Praying! So very, very excited!

Katie said...

Can't WAIT to meet my new nephew! Love him so much already. He will be the perfect addition to the family, Meredith!

What a wonderful verse, too. ; )

Janette said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! :) Congratulations!! Your family will be whole again soon. :)

Miss E said...

woop woop... God is good :)

lunnfamilyfive said...

We are so excited for you. When we adopted our 3 kids last year, it made everything feel complete and we had had them with use for the 18 months prior. CC is so lucky to become part of your family, but the joy you all will receive because of him, is a very speacial blessing too. Miss you all. Let me know what your plans are for his room and a blanket will be on the way.

Love you.

Jennifer said...

SO exciting!!!!

Jillian is sitting in my lap while I read this on my iPad and she leaned over and gave his picture a big kiss! :)

The Jacobs Family said...

I am so happy for y'all. Congratulations and stay strong through the journey and transition. What a lucky baby!