We drove to Mandy's Saturday night to shorten the day a little. Love seeing the cousins!
Abby and Allie only had a little time, but a good time they had!
Abby and Allie took some pics of us. This one was the least blurry!
We made it!
It's 5:36 central standard time/ 7:36 Korea time. I guess we missed Sunday night. I'm still figuring out this time change thing because I've never really traveled internationally.
Mandy dropped us off at the airport this morning, and the emotions hit. I didn't want her to leave me! I started crying, and I don't even know why. I just became overwhelmed. I'm sure that won't be the last time this week.
Allie is one of the only kids I know who will try ANY new food. The salad had raw fish on it...she ate it.
The flight was uneventful. It was smooth, but just long. Allie had a little air sickness near the end. She was good to go after her little episode...poor kid.
We arrived to the hotel without any problem. Seoul is a beautiful city!
We circled several restaurants and then got the courage to go in. The people here are so helpful and friendly. We were about to order too much, and the waitress basically just gestured that she would get us what we needed.
We had a great first day. Off to bed.
We will meet CC at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning (Tuesday).
Wow...we are going to finally see our boy face to face in 13 hours!




12 comments:
I'm tearing up, I know just how you feel!! What a sweet post. Little man will love to hang with Allie. Have fun!
Yay!!! Love the updates ;).
Praising Jesus for a smooth plane ride! So glad you had a chance to blog. Praying for continued smoothness and peace in the coming days!
So glad you guys are there safe and sound!!!! Thanks for the update. Hang in there. We all love you and are praying!!!!
I have been thinking about you so much - especially since we are in basically the same time zone and I know a little of what you are going through. Praying for you!
Wow! Seoul is where I came from but never been back there though after being adopted either has my sister.
Can't wait to see you with your little boy! My sister-in-law and her 2 children are in India right now, they left on May 17th and got there on the 19th I think and they'll be there until July 24th and my sister-in-law's Mom is flying back with them. They're about 11 hours difference than us!
Amy
So good to "hear" from you!! SO thankful everything is going smoothly. I know it will continue to!
Ohhhhhhh Mer! Praying for u guys and just can't wait to hear about tom! I can't stand it!!! Loveeee u!!!!
Em
Oh, this is so exciting!!!!!!!
Sooo excited, cannot wait to see pictures!!
You guys have been on my mind so much...I can't believe it's finally happening! Still praying ALL will go smooth...he's one lucky little boy & doesn't even know it yet!
Post a Comment