Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday

I found a you tube of the Nanta show.  (Libby if Abby hasn't seen it, you may want to take her!)




Allie just laughed and laughed.  Of course besides meeting CC, this was her favorite attraction.


We started off today at one of the bigger palaces that we missed yesterday. 




Underneath was a museum, and then after touring the palace, we went to another museum.  By 12:30, Hubs and I were both pooped.  Not Allie, she apparently is a MUSEUM GEEK.  She loved everything.  She wanted to look at every artifact, and she constantly said, "Mom, you gotta see this...you gotta see this."  We filled up our video camera of today and yesterday.  Finally at 2:00 we went to a traditional restaurant.  

The people of Seoul are so friendly and helpful.  Most of the young people speak English, and it's really been easy for us to get around on the subway and to all the hotspots our agency recommended.

We weren't expecting quite so much food, and honestly I didn't know more than half of the dishes we were eating.  


Thankfully Allie will TRY ANYTHING!


Yep...I just couldn't do that.  I don't do fish well.


Yep.  She said she liked it.  There were too many bones for her though.





We are trying to teach her Korean phrases (I'm pretty terrible at remembering them.)  It makes the people here so happy when you at least attempt to communicate.  Here was our attempt at teaching her to say, " The food was delicious.  Thank you."  


Lastly for today, we went to one of the markets to pick up some things.  We had name scrolls made for all the kids.  If you can read that, you can figure out his name.  (No, it's not chubby cheeks).


Tomorrow we will quit calling him CC.  The name is very special to us, and we've protected it all these months because of the uncertainty adoption brings.  

Here is another slide show of more pics from today....if you are still awake.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a picture slideshow


Some specific prayer requests for tomorrow:

CC's foster family...They will say good bye and it makes my stomach knot up thinking about it.  

CC:  Pray for him daily as the grieving / attachment process begins.

US:  Pray for endurance and patience.  It's a long way home, and the weeks and months ahead will be filled with adjustments from each member of our family.

Allie:  She's got a bad cough and it keeps getting worse.  She rarely gets colds anymore but when she does they are really BARKY.  Please pray it breaks up quick.  She'd be miserable flying if we had to fly today.

Thanks for your prayers!!



7 comments:

Psalm139verse14 said...

Wonderful, just wonderful! Isn't it an amazing place? How are you doing emotionally? Everyone woman the age of our kids' birthmothers, I'd be staring, wondering if it might be her. Can't wait to see pics of CC in your arms!

Beth Ann said...

I have loved watching bits & pieces of your journey this week, & Laynie wants Allie to know she's been keeping up with her too. She misses her terribly & really wants to see her soon! The Whites can't wait to see you all & love on CC! ;)

Mandy said...

That pic of Allie and the fish is a HOOT! GROSS.

We are praying! I know it's going to be a tough day. Get that boy HOME and let's get this party started!

LOVE YOU!

My boys said...

I love getting up each morning and seeing what you have been doing!! It all looks so amazing! I can't even imagine what you guys are feeling knowing CC will be yours in just a few hours......ALL.THE.WAITING.OVER! We will be praying now more than ever, esp for his foster family, A's cough and the trip home. I know the Lord calls the foster families and holds their hearts in His hands...I think of them often....so grateful for caring for your boy and so many others...Love you friend...see you soon!

A.K.W. said...

Have enjoyed the pictures! I used to know Korean words since I and my sister went to a thing called Korean Culture Day and I have ate a lot of Korean food in my life since being in the USA but we had a lot of Korean friends over at our house to cook for us. I will try almost anything though.

Many prayers for you & your precious family!

Amy

Katie said...

I can't get over all that FOOD! Wow. I'm glad Allie will try anything. That's awesome.

Love the video of her with the waitresses.

Love you! I know you are tired, but hopefully going strong in your heart. ; )

Thanks for the updates!

Sara said...

Will be praying!! I am not sure I could have done the fish...yikes!

Can't wait to see his name!