Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Last month is HISTORY.

May was CRRRRRAZY.  I just passed through the single busiest month that I can remember.  I'm not exaggerating.  We moved the beginning of May.  School ended for the kids the week after we moved.  We left for Korea a week after that.

It took half the town to make it all happen.  My sweet friends helped in so many ways, that I will never get all the thank you notes written.   

My friend Mommy Lion moved in with her kids to keep Mary and Garrett while we were gone.  The kids love each other and they had a blast with the longest sleepover they've ever had.  Garrett had a REALLY hard time when little lion left because he didn't want to sleep by himself anymore.



Fresh manis by Becky.  Becky has been babysitting for our family for quite a few years.  She moved in too to help shuttle kids around that last week of school while I unpacked!  She absolutely could not wait to meet David.  I wonder how many kids she'll adopt:)



These two go WAY back.  They are like brother and sister..still.


We bought them these in Korea obviously.  I hated they had to leave right after we returned, but I'm so glad they could stay the whole week.

Mamma lion and my our other friend K, pretty much kept things cracking' around here the whole week or two.  I was so foggy after we got the call and when we returned that I just had a hard time making decisions.  They kept me on track.  They dealt with workers in and out of the house after we moved in.  They put together furniture.  I could go on and on. 

The Lord truly has provided everything we have needed through our friends.  I can't list everyone, but they took care of all our kids and so I didn't have to pack and prepare to leave them behind because their lives just continued where they were.

When we returned home, my sister had organized meals for a couple of weeks and just showed up every day to make sure I wasn't on the verge:)  Friends gave rides to the kids all week took them to swim lessons, etc.

I'm thankful for my friends and my family.  Last night, I was able to go out with a group that has been getting together for years now.  They make me laugh.  They have supported us through this journey too like so many others.

So thank you friends for loving us.  Thank you for cheering us on and for praying and supporting us on this long journey.  We've only just begun, but I'm so encouraged every day.

And don't worry Beth Ann...I left plenty for you to do:)

5 comments:

Beth Ann said...

And here I thought I was just gonna lay out by the pool all day! LOL I'm glad you have been blessed with great friends...probably because you're such a GREAT one in return!

becca said...

I am so happy that you survived your month of pure insanity (joyful insanity!) and had a village to help you through it. And can I just tell you how excited I am that I can meet some of your village? IN LESS THAN A MONTH!?! I can't believe it's been 5 (or has it been more?) years since I've seen you and your beautiful family face to face. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Mandy said...

You are amazing!! Those FOUR kids are blessed.

Mommy Lion said...

Romans 12:10

Love you friend!

A.K.W. said...

I'm catching up on blog posts since being on vacation, just got back this afternoon.

Amy