Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More of our week

David hasn't even been physically in our family for a week yet, and I'm amazed at his progress.  


My parents came down Saturday to meet him.  He took right to them.  They were of course so excited to finally meet him.

Bunny and Pappy came down to meet him yesterday, and same thing.  After a day, he warmed right up. 




We've had a good week and have enjoyed sharing him with our parents.


Does he look like he already owns the place or what?


He's readily saying Daddy.  He added "bye bye" and "Uh oh" to his list today.  He seems to understand a lot of what we are saying based on the way he responds.


Garrett has handled him well.  He's been sweet so far.  I'm wondering with the newness will "wear off" :) My sweet sweet boy.

As of tonight, going to bed has not been nearly as hard.  He's not screaming for anyone else to come rescue him.  He crawled up into the bed beside me, and fell asleep within 10 minutes.  That's HUGE compared to a few days ago when he was curled up in a ball in front of the door wanting nothing to do with me.  He is attaching quickly, and I pray daily that it is real and healthy.  He seems content as long as someone in the fam is with him.  He mostly wants to be with me, but when the kids are around he'll mosey off with one of them and play.   He loves to get out in the car.  THAT IS GOOD because we are normally out and about regularly.  Tonight we had lasagna, and he ate every bite.  Mary and Garrett were riding there tricycles around and he was content to follow them around and around.  

He hasn't napped well the last couple of days, but I guess that's toddlers, and I CANNOT COMPLAIN.  

Thank you again for all your prayers.  We've seen so many answered.  I know life is not "normal" yet because we truly have so much help.  I'm so thankful!!! I'm good with not being back to "normal" yet!!



5 comments:

Katie said...

This makes me SO HAPPY! Love you and love all those beautiful smiles. I truly feel peace coming straight from your words. ; )

Yea for going down better!

A.K.W. said...

Glad he is adjusting so well, what a cutie! I needed someone with me at all times at first especially attached to my Mom but as I said on vacations, etc. I still sleep with my Mom.

Glad he is sleeping better at night, if it means being with you for a bit!

Amy

Catie said...

Sounds like he is adjusting well. How exciting :)

Unknown said...

Well thanks Mer!! You have me addicted to your blog!!! I can't wait each day to look at the pics and read about how you all are adjusting to your new family dynamic. The kids are all precious and look really happy. I hope you can feel all of the love and support everyone feels for you and your family and I continue to pray daily that you wake up with the strength and patience to tackle each new hurdle thrown your way. How you have the time to blog and do everything you do, truly amazes me and I am honored to call you my friend.

texasbean said...

I'm loving watching God's work unfold this way, Meredith! Precious family.