Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hills and Mountains

One year ago...


we began this journey with you.  You had no idea what


 was up ahead,  and neither did we!  And together we have climbed.  Some days were hills and some days were mountains, but climb we have done.


Climb strong boy, keep climbing!


"Yook mommy! I did it!"

As I look back on this year, how can I really sum it up?  On this day, a year ago, I looked ahead not with courage but truly with trembling.  What brought us to that day was uncertainty, and the uncertainty became no less as David was placed into our forever care.

God was certain that David belonged with us, and although my faith completely nose dived SO many days, I can look back on this year and be ABSOLUTELY certain that my God is so faithful and that He really does bring great blessing out of wavering and what I would consider even resistant obedience on my part.  

This great blessing we have in a son who is healthy and happy.  This great blessing  that we have seen our families and friends welcome him with an OVER ABUNDANCE of prayer, love, encouragement, and support.  I could count on and on....

So, happy Gotcha Day to you David.   
You have made our hearts so full.  
We are ever thankful for you!










4 comments:

My boys said...

LOVE! Can't even believe it has been a year! Oh what a year!

Janette said...

What a sweet post. Love it!

Katie said...

Mere, this is huge! Wow ya'll have made it through the first year! You've come so far. Love you.

Psalm139verse14 said...

A precious tribute to a precious little boy..and his fam!