This is the first week all summer where we have mostly stayed at home and done nothing.
There is a great toy store here in town that sells "bridge" books for the summer (preK to K, 1rst -2nd, 4th-5th). If a child finishes the whole book, they get any toy in the store at half price. They have worked on their books some, but this week they hit it hard! I think they may pull it off!
Garrett likes school, and he does well with reading and loves to learn, BUT he is really not a fan of writing or coloring! As extra incentive I told him he could earn his Wii time by working through the book. It has worked! Look at that concentration (he can't write without his tongue!
Each book covers all subjects. Even physical ed, so I walked in, and they are doing squats together, and Mary was doing push ups!



1 comment:
HA! So funny about the phys ed! HAve a great weekend, friend
Post a Comment