Wednesday, February 19, 2014

love

February is almost over! 

 

We have loved it:)  


The last night of cotillion was this week.  Whoohoo!  Allie enjoyed it, but we don't ever dress up this much!


My favoritest pic!  Goodness, she'll be in a wedding dress before you know it as fast as this gig is going.  No way.  Can't believe she's already approaching middle school.



Fun night with you Allie cat!


This is the dude I want to blog about.
Look at that pic.  He is one proud little buddy.  He loves to sit and draw (we are two for four who like to draw at this age.)  He takes great care in coloring and trying to write.  It's easier to write on a chalk board so we've been working on his name more.

I take pictures of my kids all day long, so there are only a couple here and there that truly evoke much emotion. 
This one did.
When I looked up at his face, my first thought was, "what if he didn't have a mommy to be with him in this proud moment?  And the hundreds of milestone moments to come? "
I don't ever think things like this.  He's OURS. Period.  We are out of the newness of adoption stage and no one in our circle or family thinks much of him being adopted…he's one of us, and I truly don't think of him any differently than our bio kids.  
So that thought surprised me.  It brought tears to my eyes because it was one of only a couple of times where I thought, "what if we had not said yes?" David may have been placed with another family, but he wouldn't have been in our family?  


He's all in.


And you have never met a kid who is more affectionate.  I am not exaggerating when I say that he stops about every 10 minutes to say, "Mommy, I love you."  

What if we had not said yes?



So much love for this boy (and the rest of 'em).  

7 comments:

Mandy said...

This is precious. Love all 4 of those rascals!

A.K.W. said...

My parents always referred to me as their daughter not adopted daughter and my siblings always called me their sister same for my sister that was adopted too. One of my sister-in-law's even refer to me as sister.

Amy

Janette said...

I love this so much!

Psalm139verse14 said...

Beautiful pics Mer, and such a sweet post!! Way to go David...great handwriting
The dancing picture--amazing!

Katie said...

Love everything about this post! Oh I wish I could hug all of you. ; )

Justine said...

Go ahead and make me cry. Beautiful post. Just beautiful.

The Cornett Family said...

Love this! Precious post!