I ran across an article on suffering…specifically through the disability of a child or even loss of a child. I have not experienced the loss of a child nor have I experienced any of my children having a life threatening/altering illness. However, I have walked WITH those dearest to me who have suffered great losses. I also have two precious friends who POUR every ounce of themselves into their children who were born with disabilities. What I have seen in the lives of all these close to me, is a resolve to trust God with their children (even in death) throughout the tears, pain, frustration, and even uncertainty of their children's futures in addition to also seeing the great victories their children overcome despite what was "expected" of them.
All of us have asked God, "why?" when we think about these people in our lives. Of course no one knows the answers to these hard questions on this side of heaven, but this article by John Piper address some reasons for these sufferings not based on his opinion as much as it is based on what Jesus says about it. (It's from 2011, but I'm just now reading it.)
Just wanted to pass along…
No comments:
Post a Comment