Our school had an open house last night. In the lower school, there is an emphasis on recitation and speaking. They do speech meet starting in first grade, and each child has to learn to speak in a group at a young age.
This is my WORST nightmare! I hate public speaking, and this would have been the best thing for me…to start young.
Garrett was asked to introduce the kindergarten. He had a nightmare the night before that he was walking around the school "lost" while he was trying to find the gym to speak.
Yesterday afternoon, he just walked around kind of whimpering! He kept saying, "there will be too many people there."
There were a lot of parents and students, but when it came down to it, he was able to do it. I LOVE the thumbs up he gave his teacher before he started!!!!
Garrett…I want to be just like you when I grow up:)
No comments:
Post a Comment