Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Second Chance...

Every night before bed time, Allie and I go through a list of responsibilities that she has everyday to evaluate how she did each day in order to receive a reward at the end of the week or not. Tonight, we came to the last thing on her chart which was "no whining". I explained to her that she had whined a little bit today, and that I would give her a star, but that tomorrow if she whined, I would not give her a second chance. She looked at me without hesitation and said, "Mommy, Jesus gave Peter a second chance, why can't you give me a second chance every day?" Now I cannot take credit for her biblical knowledge from today, for it is a result of a weekly bible program she attends called Bible Study Fellowship. I'm amazed each week at how much she learns. The adults do a study every week, and the kids' study parallels what we study. If you have one near you, I encourage you to strongly consider attending. It has been a huge blessing for my life this year!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

That is precious! I LOVE my neices!!!

Mandy said...

I think I mean nieces....oops...been a LONG day!

Mommy Lion said...

Too sweet! Isn't amazing what they can soak in in such short time! Unfortunately, today was Little Lion's last day of BSF. Mom starts a new job next week. So until next year!

Jaime said...

That is so neat! I love it when I hear that they're really listening! Of course, Allie really does listen well and obeys wonderfully. You're a great Mom, Meredith! I've so enjoyed having Allie this year! She has a fun personality.

Melissa said...

That is so sweet Meredith, get ready, it's only the beginning! It's such a blessing to watch your children learn about Jesus and God's love!