Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A letter to George

This morning on the way to swim lessons Allie was just talking away as usual. She started talking about George Washington, and wanted to know where his parents lived. I said, Allie we went over this; George was our president a long long time ago, and he lived a long time ago. She said..."so that means his parents are dead too". I said yes, people don't just go on living forever. She said, "Well that's too bad; I wanted to know his parent's address, so I could send him a letter and tell him I'm sorry that he is dead." We'll get that letter out today sometime:)

3 comments:

Janette said...

Sooo cute!! I love it! :) And the fact that she already knows who George Washington is...way to go, Meredith! :)

Kelly said...

ok laugh out loud funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to send that into focus on the family magazine!!!

Melissa said...

That is so funny, she's such a thoughtful little girl!