Monday, June 23, 2008
Meet my Grandparents
I just wanted to write about my grandparents today. Many of you know them or have met them. We had a great visit with them this past weekend, and they enjoyed getting to see and to hold Garrett. They have held many many babies in our family; they have 7 grandkids and almost 9 great-grandkids. I was very fortunate to have grown up in the same town as them, and spent many many many days growing up at their house. Some of my fondest memories are from their house: going to the garden with Granddad, learning how to drive in "old blue" (he taught everyone of us how to drive), learning to cook from Memaw, and playing board games with her....the list could go on and on. They are without question two of the most remarkable and influential people that I've known in my life. They are full of wisdom, grace, mercy, and love just to name a few. They have prayed for each person in our huge family every day for years and years. I have a stack of little yellow post cards from college that Granddad wrote to me. He would write me every Wednesday to let me know he was praying for me and to share something funny from his week. They are truly heroes in my life. I love you BOTH!!!!!! Thank you for blessing our families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Those pictures are priceless. What precious things you wrote about them both! I can only hope that my children, grandchildren (someday) see a bit of what you wrote about here.
Thanks for sharing this Mer as a reminder of what I am striving for daily!
What special memories! Garrett will always have those pics to remind him of such a loving legacy. You're a great mom!
Mer, I'm so glad Memaw and Granddad were able to spend some time with Garrett, they love their great grands so much!! You are so right, they are such a blessing to our family.
Ok. Made me cry. I LOVE them and LOVE your relationship with them. It's so precious.
I'm so glad you were able to go to Crossett. I know your grandparents loved getting their hands on Garrett.
Garrett is so big! Cute pics! They are priceless.
oh, how that made me want to cry! what is it about Crossett that grows such Godly people. Hope when I'm their age, my grandkids say the same thing about me!
Meredith--I'm crying right now--not only do they pray for your family, they pray for your friends too and for that I will be forever grateful. Memaw is what I want to be like when I grow up! :-)
Post a Comment