Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Me and Mate plus 8

8 years that is! HA. I'm probably the only one who thinks that is funny. Today is our 8 year anniversary. I truly can't imagine what it must be like to have been married 20, 30, 40 plus years. It seems like we have so many memories in just 8. We were married the last year of school, and moved to NY 9 months later. THAT was an adjustment! It was the best thing that could have happened to us though because we learned to be a team. We have crazy memories of the snow just falling and falling and falling. Who is going to shovel today???? I don't even remember how that was negotiated! We went skiing in Vermont BK (before kids) and I had packed all the ski clothes in a trash bag...DUMB! We got there and started unpacking and realized that the bag was sitting next to the trash can in the garage. OOPS..it's a bit hard to ski in zero temps without ski clothes. Every couple has their stories like this and I will spare you the details! This morning Allie woke up and greeted me with Happy Anniversary! I said you do you know what that means? She said, it means you got married, and you GOT KIDS!!!! Everyday that goes by I think....we have 3 kids!!!! So, to hubs, thanks for the last great eight. I wouldn't want to be taking this journey with anyone else! Look out below!!! Cheesy picture alert!!!!! This was the first picture we every had taken of us...it was a classic hold the camera out in front of you picture...10 years ago. Yikes..I think those are overalls I'm wearing!!!

10 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!! Ok Mer--Faber looks so young in that picture, but you look about the same! Oh the memories we make--did you buy new ski clothes? You left out that detail!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! I totally agree with Beth Ann...you look exactly the same. It's amazing to see what all you guys have created and accomplished over the past 8 years! We hope you have a great day! Love you both!

becca said...

HA! Before I read the above 2 comments I was going say EXACTLY the same thing! Mer, you've got your mama's skin! Forever young... :) Oh - and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Katie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I still remember when ya'll called me at BU to tell me ya'll were engaged. I jumped up on the couch I was SO excited.

Love you, and I couldn't have asked for a better sis-in-law!!

Mandy said...

I loved the title! It's hilarious...really!!! And...overalls were cool back then. I am sure I had them on at that exact moment too!! Love you sister!

Mommy Lion said...

No offense Fab, but MAN you've aged! *smile* Mer, if you keep aging at this rate, we may not be able to be friends! *wink*

I can't believe I'm so behind in the blog world! But Mary's hair is SO cute and what a great encouragement to look at you and Em, when the girls are at each others throats!

Enjoy each other today!

Janette said...

I thought the title was funny. :)

My boys said...

Mer you make my heart smile!! Happy Day to the two of you!!! Personally there is NO BETTER state to start married life together in!!! It shows you what you are made of!! Allie looks exactly like you!!!!! (I think i still have some of "those" britches in the back of my closet....hanging on to the youth!)

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary friends!!!! We are so happy to know you and to have been a part of some of those eight years... WOW TIME FLIES!!! Hope you get a chance to snag another picture of just the two of you REAL soon! Love you!
Jenn and Jeff

Jaime said...

Happy Anniversary! And, of course you were wearing overalls--we all were! And, man, did we look cool!

I love the picture. I love seeing old pictures! :-) Congratulations to both of you. :-)