Garrett left a load in my potty. (I'm not being crude...read the sippy...it says LOAD on it.) I will explain the story behind this pic after I give my thoughts on potty training this.....this......this BOY!
Listen now, I have not considered myself to be one of these "scratch your head moms". The ones who say, wow my kid just won't potty train. Having trained two already, I thought, what is the big deal? We will do this, this, and that, and he will be trained...no big deal. Potty training woes are only for the faint of heart ( let me kid you, I was just as bad with my first child, but your perspective changes with each child), and that does NOT include me. (Those who know me well would argue that point:) I can say with all honesty, I have not pushed him. He just won't do it. We ask from time to time, and I think he has gone ONE time to date. He's almost THREE.
So YESTERDAY, the BOY runs in from the back yard screaming, "I need to squirt, I need to squirt." And he ran in my bathroom of all places (he NEVER goes in there). I ran behind him cheering quite hysterically at his epiphany. He ASKED to climb on the potty, and then ...wait...wait...wait...just a poot. You would have thought he just been named a national merit finalist. We both screamed...why? Because at least he happily sat on the potty and made an effort. He did this about 10 times...and 10 poots later, my hopes and dreams for progress were simply flushed down the toilet.
Oh well. Maybe another day. I put his diaper back on, and went about my day. Later that night, I went to go myself, and the sippy cup is what a found.....a cruel cruel joke left by my son...the BOY.
Sigh.... On to more pleasant conversations. My nieces, twin brother, and sisnlaw came down for a visit. Here are some pics I took of them..pretty sweet girls.
We were so busy, that I didn't take any other pics of their visit. The kids love playing with all their cousins, and we had a great time!






3 comments:
Mer...youa re an AMAZING photographer! No matter how hard I try my pictures are just pictures with weird things in them shot from weird angles. Of course...the subjects were darling, but still amazing!
So sad to see our wonderful "neighbors moving, but happy for them!" Hopefully we'll get out house back on the market soon and do the same. I want to hear an update soon. I am always running at church and never get to catch up! Sad! I miss talking to you!
Hey! Have you tried potty training in three days? It worked well for Schäfer. He really got into the "diaper party" where we throw away the diapers and introduce the big boy underware. Every kid is different, but Schäfer totally latched onto the idea that diapers were for babies, etc. Just sharing what worked for us.
Mer, this pictures are stunning! They look like they were taken by an accomplished professional photographer. The one of the girls spinning is my absolute favorite, and I don't even know your nieces! :)
Ari showed absolutely no interest in potty training either. We eventually did push her, but it wasn't until she was maybe 3 years 3 months. I don't remember exactly, but it was definitely past her 3rd birthday. A few days of running around naked and accidents on the couch, and we were set. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment