Part of being a mom is INNOVATION. We are always trying to fix silly little problems, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. The girls gave me the "super mom" award for fixing their shoes this week.
The beginning of school has quite a few bugs to work out and new shoes are sometimes a problem. Found these super cute mary janes for the girls, and both came home limping because they rubbed their heels.
I decided to buy some mounting tape. I just trimmed the right size, and taped it to the inside of the shoe, and then covered it with a soft ribbon instead of leaving the plastic part on.
The tape has stayed on both kids' feet ALL WEEK, and they both said they don't hurt anymore! In a week, the shoes will be nicely broken in, and they won't be afraid to wear them. I'll probably remove the tape, and they won't even notice.
2. Have you heard??? Here's some great advice that your "ears" can appreciate. Found this secret out from my mom and sister recently. Instead of boiling corn, you can MICROWAVE it to PERFECTION.
My kids LOVE corn. Place in microwave with shucks on, and microwave for 3 minutes. When you open and eat, it's just about perfect.
3. And the last of the "news you can use" is from a blog - www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com.
Click on her "recipes" tab, and I've found some gems. We tried the mexican casserole and it is quite different than any I've made in a while, and the mongolian beef was also VERY tasty.
My boy has had a less than stellar week. He hasn't felt well, and he was due for his first dental visit. He plopped right down, and did very well. He didn't appreciate waiting for his sisters to finish, but we managed to get a good cleaning and X-rays. He said "I so proud of me."
...but next time, we will split them into two appointments. lesson learned.




1 comment:
LOVE "I so proud of me."
Post a Comment