I don't remember what my dad designated as his "grandfather name," but what my niece, Olivia, came up with was PRECIOUS.
He's Pa Poo.
David says quite a few words right now, but one of my favorites is PaPoo. He said Nana long time ago. He's still working on Bunny, but Pappy is easy for him.
Last week, after we came home from camp, Abbott turned three. (My sis and BIL's little girl)
Does it really get any better than that? ....Not a care in the world on her birthday. We had a great time celebrating. The kids LOVE Emmy and Adam, so it was a great pool party.
My parents came down to celebrate. Papoo is not really the type to leave people alone. He just has to be pestering you...in a good way. David is still snippety with people he doesn't know well. He screams...NOOOO (insert whiney chalkboard scratching tone). We are working on a politer...NOOO..and it's coming along.
But Pappoo persisted.
And it worked.
Now who is pestering who?
Nana won him over by letting David feed treats to their little puppy, TJ. He was so excited. I got a great pic of it, but Nana was in her pajamas. Spared you this time mom.
Here's a sweet clip of Mary (MAMEE in David language and David)
I realize my summer blogging is all about David. I haven't forgotten about my other kids...trust me:) They won't let me. I am so thankful that David came home during the summer. The girls especially have been so so so so loving and caring of him. He would have had such a hard time if they had to go to school every day. Even Garrett and David are coming along. There have been several instances lately where they are sharing readily, and when David says, "BATH" he immediately runs to find his bath buddy. Garrett always runs to the potty before getting in. David always follows him. Tonight, David said, "Tee Tee" and jumped up there like big brother. He did go tee tee, and Garrett and I went CRAZY. David was sooooo proud!
The last few days have been tough. David hasn't felt well, and he's been screaming a lot. Tonight was a very good night, though:) I'll take it!
1 comment:
Aww, we love Papoo! So glad he and David are buds now, that will help at the beach! ;)
Post a Comment