Friday, July 6, 2012

Two!

Happy Birthday David!  

Wow, the time has flown! :-)  The time has not exactly flown, but we spent most of his first two years waiting to get him, so it is a little strange to have had him only a month and be celebrating his SECOND birthday!

We received a picture book, so I scanned a few early photos.


Have you ever seen cheeks like this?


This picture cracks me up!  


The pics are not dated, but I'm guessing this one is around 8 months?


Again they were not given to us in order , but this looks like a summer time photo, so it had to be around his first birthday.  He walked pretty early.


He doesn't look too happy about the hat:)  We were given this hanbok that is worn traditionally on first birthdays.  


I took this one last night.  We had 20 Pine Cove counselors over for supper, and David was the life of the party.  (not to confuse...it was not his bday party but a party to thank them for doing base camp here in town all week.)  I'll try to get some pics of him today, but he's a tough case! Every time we would get updates on him, I'd be a little sad that he was never smiling, but now I know why.  He's too busy to stop and smile.  He smiles all the time, but to catch it is a whole other problem!

David you are happy, expressive, playful, and cuddly.  You are definitely getting into the "me do it" phase.  You climb into your car seat without assistance  (b/c he screams if I try to help).  You climb out of the car without help.  You eat very independently and will not be fed.  You love to help.  When I'm bringing groceries in, you make grunting noises as you lift the sacks to try to carry them in.  When we are putting toys away, you like to help too.  You seem a lot like a first born:)  You are saying quite a few words now and are using a lot of signs.  You follow several simple commands.  

You love a big crowd, and you love for everyone to be in same room.  We love you and are thankful God placed you in our family.  Happy Birthday big boy!






5 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to you David.

Today is Evan's bday too but I can't post real pics of him yet :( He is actually still sleeping and believe me, I am going to let him!

Love that our boys share a special day!

A.K.W. said...

Happy 2nd birthday to David! I had cheeks just like that in one of the pictures that they sent my parent's before I came to the USA at 9 mos. old, I was 6 mos. in the pictures I think, my 5 mo. old niece has cheeks like that now.

Amy

Katie said...

Happy happy 2nd birthday, David! Colson is right behind you! ; )

Mommy Lion said...

Oh happy day! ;o) Can't believe it's been two years... I remember where we were when you told me you were expecting! ;o)

Psalm139verse14 said...

Happy Birthday!! What a darling treasure he is. Here is to a lifetime of celebrating his birthday.